Questions football fans want urgent answers for;
When will the UEFA Champions League round of 16 draw take place?
On Monday, December 13th, the draw will be held at the UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland. The procession also commences at 12:00 CET or 11 a.m. in the United Kingdom and Portugal.
Is there a place where I can watch it?
Fans across the world can stream it live on the UEFA Champions League official website
Who is involved in this? What is the mechanism behind it?
Teams in the Champions League Round Of 16
The 16 teams that advanced from the UEFA Champions League group stage are seeded, while the runners-up are unseeded:
Validated group winners (seeded)
LOSC Lille (FRA)
Manchester City (ENG)
Manchester United (ENG)
Real Madrid (ESP)
Validated group runners-up (unseeded)
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Sporting CP (POR)
Important circumstances you need to know about the Champions League
- A team from the same national association cannot play against another team from that same country. Clubs are also unable to face opponents from the group stage.
- Ties are played over two legs, with seeded teams hosting the second lega at their respective venues.
- The first legs will take place on February 15/16/22/23, and the second legs will take place on March 8/9/15/16. The games begin at 21:00 CET.
- On Friday, March 18th, the quarter-finals, semi-finals, and final will be drawn.
- Because the so-called away goals rule has been abolished, matches that are still tied after 180 minutes will be decided in extra time, regardless of how many goals each side has scored at home and away. If the teams can’t be separated after another 30 minutes, the tie will be decided by a penalty shoot-out.
- The final of the UEFA Champions League 2021/22 will be held at Saint Petersburg’s Gazprom Arena on May 28, 2022.