Press "Enter" to skip to content

Most Anticipated Fight Set To Happen As Anthony Joshua’s Management Accept ‘all terms’ Of Tyson Fury’s Fight Offer, His Team Reveals Date For Heavyweight Bout

Finally the most coveted fight is set to happen as Anthony Joshua intends to face Tyson Fury in the ring on December 3 after accepting “all parameters” of Fury’s bout proposal.

Last week, world heavyweight champion Fury made the unexpected choice to provide British challenger Joshua a chance at his WBC championship.

Joshua was defeated twice by Oleksandr Usyk last month, preventing him from winning back the unified heavyweight belts.

Joshua has lost his last two fights to Oleksandr Usyk
Joshua has lost his last two fights to Oleksandr Usyk (Picture: Getty/metro)

Fury is keen to fight before the end of the year despite Joshua’s popularity declining further following his third professional loss and is aware that the boxing community is eager to see him take on his fellow Brit.

Although it was reported that Joshua had accepted The Gypsy King’s offer of 40% of the bout pay, which is estimated to be worth £75 million, negotiations regarding a fight date continued all week.

Fury proposed two dates—November 26 and December 3—but Joshua’s management preferred to hold out until that day, December 17.

But those problems have been resolved, as Joshua’s management agency 258 MGT said on Friday that they had accepted “all parameters” of Fury’s offer.

In a statement released;

‘258 and Matchroom Boxing can confirm, on behalf of Anthony Joshua, that we accepted all terms presented to us by Fury’s team for a fight Dec 3rd last Friday.

‘Due to the Queen’s passing, it was agreed to halt all communication. We are awaiting a response.’

Fury and Joshua looked set to fight last year while Joshua was still IBF, WBO and WBA heavyweight champion

Recall that the bout was cancelled when Deontay Wilder won an appeal to compel a third fight against Tyson Fury. The winner would have been the division’s first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis.

When Fury, 34, knocked out Dillian Whyte at Wembley in April, he defeated Wilder for a second time and made a comeback to the ring.

Following rumors that Joshua’s team might avoid the fight, Bob Arum, the US promoter for Fury, officially confirmed the Joshua-Fury match.

‘I don’t think it’s gonna happen because, while Fury would want it to happen, I put myself in the shoes of Eddie Hearn and Joshua,’ Arum told Boxing Social.

‘And after losing twice to Usyk, the first thing you want to do is to get him back in the ring and get him two fights where it restores his confidence. If he goes back in the ring now with Fury, it’s gonna be a massacre.’

[Source:Metro]