A video that has leaked on the internet shows a BEDC employee being left hanging on an electric pole by locals of Oghara in Delta state.
The man had climbed the pole to turn off the power, but while he was up there, other neighbors knocked down his work ladder.
This left him trapped, and he had to grip the pole tightly in order not to fall off or be electrocuted.
Some residents can be heard criticizing the man who appears to be terrified for his life in the video that has gone viral.
The ladder, which had been dropped on the ground near the electric pole, was then relocated away from the man.
Watch the video below.