Here are the major highlights of the award-giving event that took place in Eko Hotel, Lagos State.
1. Thirteen years old Kenyan gospel singer Shanah Manjeru becomes the youngest singer ever to win AFRIMA.
At the just concluded 3 days award-giving event that took place in Eko Hotel, Lagos between 19th and 21st of November, 2021, Shanah Manjeru bags the award for Best Female Artiste in African Inspirational Music with her song, God Will Make A Way.
She replaces the previous holder of the youngest AFRIMA winner who is Nikita Kering, also a Kenyan, who won AFRIMA at 17 in 2019.
2. Wizkid bags a hattrick of AFRIMA; Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year and Best African Collaboration with the song Essence ft. Tems.
3. Legendury Beats is Producer of the Year.
4. Cheque wins Best African Hip Hop with the song History ft. Fireboy.
5. Fireboy emerges winner of African Fans’ Favorite with the song Peru.
6. Patoranking delivers an electrifying stage performance that got much talking everywhere on the Nigerian space. Chike and Olakira also performed.
7. Fireboy dramatically dedicates his award to his label executive, Olamide.
8. Eddie Kadi and Pearl Thusi hosted AFRIMA 2021 and the duo had an epic tricycle entrance during DJ Tarico’s performance.
9. Kofi Olomide becomes one of the Legendary Afrima Award holders which also includes Fela Kuti, Manu Dibango and more.